09 August 2008

lost in thought

Two weeks ago when I first decided that I wanted to participate in Crochetville's Ancient Greek Games, I'd thought that crocheting would help to take my mind of things.  Crocheting is very soothing to me.  And it's something I'm good at.  Damn good at.  And I can usually crochet while engaging my mind in other activities like thinking, discussions, etc.

But yesterday, I realized that I was making some big blunders and botching things up crochet-wise; lacking the focus to engage even part of my mind, let alone focusing completely on the task at hand.  I'm not hard on myself here.  I just know my own needs and right now, I've been needing to puzzle stuff out and that doesn't leave room for me to crochet badly, let alone create beautiful works of art.

So, I'm relieving any sort of pressure and giving myself the permission to "drop" outta those ancient greek games.  If I keep crocheting and finish amazing's quilt-ghan within the time frame, great!  If I don't, that's ok too.

I'm in a really good place, and it's where I want to be, where I need to be.  For now.  So, I'm being kind, accepting, supportive, and encouraging to my self.  To do that, I need to be wholly present and engaging in another activity that may distract me from being with me, well, it's not doing me justice.

cuz ya know, as walt usta say, it's all about me!

1 comment:

  1. It's good to know that you are treating YOURSELF as you would treat others.  Good goin'   Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!