03 March 2008

Whaa...?

So, I'm listening to the weather forecast on FOX (cringe, sorry) and I heard something that just didn't sound right (surprise, surprise).  So I check it out online, cuz that should be so much more reliable, right?

Wrong.

For some really odd reason, we have a winter weather advisory.  It's about 65 degrees out right now, so I don't quite get it.  Then I take a closer look at the legend and the color codes and oh hey! it makes so much more sense now.

See, earlier today, we were under tornado watches/warnings.  This means that usually we have lots of hard high winds.  And ya know, a tornado sighting/touchdown or two or twelve.  And lots of thunderstorm activity (which means, lots of thunderstorms; saying thunderstorm activity covers your ass and makes it sound more better, I spose).  And the color coded legend shows that the taupe shading covering the majority of the state could be a winter weather advisory, or! it could be taupe means a lake wind advisory, or! it could be taupe means a wind advisory, or! it could be taupe means a fire weather advisory.

I'm betting that in this case it does not mean fire weather (cuz it's raining rather hard and furious) and I'm betting that in this case it does not mean winter weather (cuz it's way way too warm to be winter in the that sense).  And since there is not one natural lake in the entire state (Mississippi has lots of swampland and lots of man made reservoirs), I'm betting that in this case we can go with wind.

Just plain ole wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!