11 March 2008

mid-month, march

how did i miss this?

i just got my email and there was a notice in there, asking me how i am celebrating national crochet month.  dudes, i didn't even know!  i'm shirking my duties, failing to show my silent support for crochet.  what's worse is, i've been knit-witting hats for heads.  horrors, i know.  sad, but true.

and, while i'm confessing, perling.  with plastic.  at least the knit-wit deals with yarn, but perling!  not purling and knitting with yarn, but perling...well, that's plastic.  yes, yes i know!  a traitor i am.  shame.

and, i may as well tell all, today?  well, today i did blocks of crayon-quilting.  crayons!  wax mediums, gasp, and again, no yarn!  ack!  altho i apply the crayon to squares of cotton, so there is some sort of redemption there.  isn't there?

i'm not bad.  sniff.  i'm not.

2 comments:

  1. Crayon quilting sounds very interesting to me.   Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're moving right along with the seasonal changes m'dear.  It's okay.  Maybe the national chrochet people ought to change the month to,  I dunno, January or February.  That way you could keep yourself warm too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!