22 September 2005

Sometimes, I'm a romantic sap

I know, I know, ya'll ain't believin this, but sometimes I am a romantic sap.  I blush and get all soft when my guy give me flowers.  I get goosebumps when I listen to his voice on the phone.  I burst into freshettes of tears when I hear certain songs.  And don't even get me started on the Hallmark commercials.....

Now some say words vary, depending on the version you are listening to.  For instance, Bruce Springsteen sings, "she'll let you in her mouth" but other versions say that he sings, "she'll let you in her mind".  I think mouth sounds more appropriate in keeping with the song.  Also, I've listened to it on the radio closely, and it sounds to me that he does say, "she'll let you in her mouth, if the words you say are right".

I get all choked up.  cuz, at heart, i'm a romantic sap.  sigh.  and really, is that so bad?  I can think of worse things to be....but I don wanna....ruin the mood, it would.

Bruce Springsteen      Secret Garden She'll let you in her house
If you come knockin' late at night
She'll let you in her mouth if the
Words you say are right
If you pay the price
She'll let you deep inside
But there's a secret garden she hides
She'll let you in her car
To go drivin' round
She'll let you into the parts of herself
That'll bring you down
She'll let you in her heart
If you got a hammer and a vise
But into her secret garden, don't think twice
You've gone a million miles
How far'd you get to that place where
You can't remember and you can't forget
She'll lead you down a path
There'll be tenderness in the air
She'll let you come just far enough
So you know she's really there
She'll look at you and smile
And her eyes will say
She's got a secret garden
Where everything you want
Where everything you need
Will always stay a million miles away

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it's nice to know that there are a few genuine "romantic saps" left in the world.


    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!