25 December 2008

meeeeerrrrrrreeee krissmasssssss


This evening, I baked cookies. Mr Date-Dude came out to visit and the time flew by. Some of the cookies are a bit on the dark side, cuz I was jabbering and giggling and failed to pay attention to the time quite as well as I usually do. It was a very nice evening, good visit, and the cookies are soooooooooooooOOoooooooooo good.

I cheated.

Instead of making them from scratch, I used the simplest recipe evah. Ya take a box of cake mix, and a sixteen ounce tub of sour cream, mix well and add whatever you like {nuts, coconut, raisins, chocolate chips, etc). Drop onto greased and floured cookie sheets and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.

I used a butter pecan cake mix with lots of chocolate chips, omg {mouth orgasm} so good that I may have to go to confession. Ya know, if I were Catholic. {Bless me father for I have sinned, it's been for never since my last confession...}

I'm going to hell for that.

The other kind was using a box of carrot cake {yes, yes, a carrot cookie!!}, adding lots of plump raisins. So good, you don't even mind that it has healthy things like fruits and veggies. Well, okey, it's not like the healthy quotient is high enough to even come close to being good for you. Still, lovely moist cookies.

sigh

Good thing I am taking them to my Christmas dinner tomorrow. Cuz all that poundage I'd lost this summer/fall? I found it! Turns out it wasn't lost, not really. It just took a detour.

Hope your Christmases are wonderfully warm and that you enjoy plenty of nappage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!