12 December 2007

Kenya hear me NOW?

I've been listening to Audio Books lately, while I am crafting away.  It's hard to read and knit at the same time.  I'm sure you can relate.

Some books are good, some not so.  And some readers are awesome, some suck.  The ones that I don't care for are overly dramatic and tend to stress the wrong words.  Ya know, they put the wrong emPHASis on the wrong sylLABle (as Mike Meyer says).  Everything comes out sounding like Jim Carrey impersonating Wm Shatner.

But the right book with the right reader is so worth the listening.  Almost makes me forget that I'm regretting not reading it.  Almost.

7 comments:

  1. I don't do much in the way of books on tape, but when I see the package at the store I think how nice it would be to have someone read to me as I drive along.  Haven't tried it yet, but I might.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought about listening to an audio book but have not as of yet. I think it's because when I read the book I create the voices myself of the characters and the time period. I guess that's why I have such a passion for reading.

    HUGS~Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books on take or cd.  My favorite one is my Steve Martin and he is the one who reads it..........it's called, "The Pleasure of My Company"   I hope you can get it...........it will be a favorite. If you can't find it, I will lend you mine, if you send it back.    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh boy, I'd hate to be stuck listening to a book I like, read by someone I dislike. Something for me to think about, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best audio books, I've found, are the ones read by the author.  They seem to know exactly were to put there umphs!
    ;)
    mj

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom loved audio books (as well as the non-audio kind).  Many of the tapes came to me after she died but I haven't listened to one of them.  I like rereading old favorite books these days.

    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like how a majority of the people talk to me, as soon as they discover I'm deaf. It's rather comical watching them move their lips in a weird fashion while talking slow , stretching their words out. I often remind them, I'm deaf not dumb. I read lips rather well, so once they catch on they begin to talk normally again. It provides endless amusement for me. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!