22 February 2009

at last


Jerry and I got tired of waiting for the ring to come in, so he proposed to me Friday using a proxy ring. The ring you see is the one we are waiting for and it is my engagement ring!! I held off on blogging, cuz we wanted to give his kids a chance to know and of course on Saturday, I called my mom and squealed and ooooh'd and aaahh'd and all that. She already knew it was coming, just well, now it's official.

We chose this ring because my birthstone is yellow topaz and his is white {or diamond} and I wanted a ring with both our stones. So he chose a few and out of those, this is the one I really, really, really liked. It's been ordered for awhile now, so we'll probably see it this week at the latest. I hope.



Etta James's version is still the best!

At last, my love has come along
My lonely days are over
And life is like a song
Oh, yeah, at last
The skies above are blue
My heart was wrapped up in clovers
The night I looked at you
I found a dream that I could speak to
A dream that I can call my own
I found a thrill to rest my cheek to
A thrill that I have never known
Oh, yeah when you smile, you smile
Oh, and then the spell was cast
And here we are in heaven
For you are mine
At last

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!