11 November 2008

The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month...and other hours too

In addition to being Veterans' Day, today is also the birthday of two very good friends. One friend is Jacki, the pamperer of the last entry. So today, after I went to my first counseling appt since August (she's back from maternity leave); I stopped by a new coffee shop and picked up some sweet potato muffins and coffee for Jacki and me and spent the afternoon visiting with Jacki. I will most likely see her tomorrow to help her complete some paperwork (dastardly government agencies.damn.sigh.doubledamn. that'd be damn.damn.). My other friend lives about six hours away, so I don't see her often. We've known each other for over twenty years, and have managed to keep up thru lots of changes, children, drama, drugs, diagnoses, disabling conditions, dudes, and ya know, other life happenings.

My father is a Viet Vet. It's been about two years since I've seen him, as I've not been out there (waving westward) and he hasn't been here recently. Altho I don't see him, I do think of him often. He has a long history with the VA, one of love/hate I'd say. He's a proud vet, even if he's not always proud of his government's actions (of comission &/or omission).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!