03 November 2008

do yer duty!

Whilst visiting with my Friend and her girls, and some other friends, we adults got to talking about tomorrow's vote. The general consensus seemed to be: can't wait til the damn day is over and the relentless campaigning goes away, dammit. One rather self-important man was waxing about how we all each and ev'er one of us'ns ought to do our duty and get out there and vote, after all it's a gawdah given right. I was actually beginning to hear extremely patriotic music as his speech began to take on the thundering proportions that only the self-righteous can manage to carry off with such penache; when all of a sudden a lil four (and a half, mizz debRAH) voice piped up, "do yer doody? why's that man talkin' bout poop, mama?"

Why, indeed!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Out of the mouths of babes!!! Love it.

    I'll go do my doody in about 1/2 an hour ... then I'm off to vote!

    Sweetums! LOVE THE LOOK HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do your doody indeed! That was precious. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!