01 September 2008

Happy September!!

Today, I'm hoping that my landlord comes up and patches my roof so that it stops leaking cuz dude! we are gonna get hammered tomorrow!  Even if Gustav misses the gulf coast (and I don't see how that's possible), we're gonna get the rain and wind and wrath that surrounds a tropical storm/hurricane.  So, my roof should oughta be leak-free regardless.

The gulf coast covers a rather large area and forms a wide but deep pocket that tends to catch most everything that comes its way.  Even if storms miss New Orleans and the Mississippi gulf coast, there are other states that also share in similar blights.  As far inland as we are, in this area, precautions and preparations have been made by most folks, agencies, organizations, etc.

When I came home Thursday from being away for ten days, one of my area rugs was damp.  Fortunately, it was the one place in my living space that's yarn-free!  If my landlord doesn't venture up this way by noon, I'll give a call down.  This should have been taken care of Thursday so that the roof's patches had plenty of time to dry, but I can understand why it didn't get done then.

Hope everyone has a great holiday and kicks off September with jubilation (or at least safely).

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me that it's September!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay safe and dry!   Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!