03 September 2008

cool, clear calmness

Be Still and know that I am God. –Psalm 46:10

Muddy water, let stand, becomes clear. –Lao Tzu

Ask, and it shall be given you; Seek, and ye shall find; Knock, and it shall be opened unto you. –Matthew 7:7

Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. –Carl Gustav Jung

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear." Buddhist saying


Over at Soulful Living, I found these quotes used appropriately in an article on the everyday miracle of self-discovery and fulfillment.  In conjunction with other materials on and thoughts in which I've been reflecting, the notion of self-led souls living meaningful purposeful lives and being able to attain that has been forming and taking shape for me.  Then, I realized something.

My life is already meaningful.

Even when I feel frantic.  Even when I feel at wit's end.  Even when I am laid low.  My life has purpose and always did, always will.

We cannot live without turbulence.  If so, we'd stagnate.  Knowing this, realizing and believing it; does not make life any easier, smoother, or less painful.

But maybe it does make it more acceptable.

2 comments:

  1. You will find no barnacles on my ass.  I would like to be stagnate for 30 mintues.  Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very intune with life and how we humans work, Deb.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!