06 September 2008

x.suz.ted

I just dragged my exhausted butt in after spending over eight hours with thirteen children under the age of ten.  I could have sworn there were way more than thirteen kids (is that it?) and am sure that a few times I included other kids in the count from other families, especially when we were eating.  The food disappeared as tho a swarm of locusts had descended upon us.

They were good kids tho.

Now, I am ready for a nap.  Which I almost got a few winks in when the four babies (under the age of four) were zonked out, but then I jerked fully awake when my lil friend "whispered" (this is sorta sotto voce, with lots of spit added on the breathy H's and vowels) to me that she wanted to "pick me up, UP, UUUUUUUUP".  I love her, I do.  But dude, there is not enough lap on me to cradle her just right anymore.

It was fun.  But I'm glad to be home.  Alone.

Now for that nap...

4 comments:

  1. I know that of which you speak.  ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right behind you, lil nut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my............you did it!  I can't even do that many kids anymore. Having all four grandkids at once is like armagedeon.   Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I would have the patience to deal with that many kids anymore...I can imagine how tired you are. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!