19 February 2008

Pussy Patrol

Caution:  Adult themes to follow

Remember Saffron?  The kitty I'd had last summer?  And to whom I had so many breathing difficulties?  And over whom I cried when I gave her to my landlords' daughter (Victoria) in the fall?

Would you like me to stop writing in questions?

Well, ok, then.  So Saffron has been loving ev.ree.thing.  She loves the horses!  She loves the people!  She loves the dogs!  She loves Boots!

Boots is a male cat that has been ruling the Farm, at least down near the landlords' Big House.  He's been getting freaky with Saffron.

She's not even a year old, which means uhm, a teen mother in human years, I think.  If she is pregnant, that is.  Which we all think she is.  There is the possibility that she is not.

So when my neighbor, Millie (who is Perry's Mother, Perry is my landlord), informed me yesterday that there is a grant (for spaying/neutering) that a local vet received, to be used by the end of the month; well, I thought, who the hell can I fix?  I thought of lots of folks, but then I discover that people don't qualify for the services.  Damn.

  Oreo (Millie and Victoria call the Stray, Beider, "Oreo") needs fixing, but I didn't think that was my worry, or my place to worry about.  He ought to be neutered, but damn if I'm gonna put his pissy self in my car when he, well, pisses on ev.ree.thing.  And that'd be cool for Boots and Saffron.  Makes for worry free freakiness.

  So, Millie tells me about the grant, gives me an application (actually, she gave me TWO, cuz she really wanted me not to forget about this).  So I went ahead and did my duty (actually, I did others' duties), talked with my landlords and the vets' office peoples and all.  The short end of it is that Oreo (Stray Beider), Saffron (possibly), and Boots (maybe) are going to the vets' next Thursday for a snip or two.  Thanks to it being a leap year, the vet has an extra day to clip and stitch as many furrbees as he can.

And that is my Valentine's gift to you, getcher freak on, you animals you.

2 comments:

  1. Lord... I'm so glad to have you back and ev.ree.thing.
    Wow. It's serious countdown time for the critters' nuggets.  If you want, I can show you how to do it for the next time you are in need.  
    :)
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm ... were this my childhood and my dad in residence ... farmer that he was ... he'd show that vet a thing or two.  Gross, by the way.  So glad that there is a grant and that ev.ree.thing will be taken care of on short order.  

    Woohoo animals!  You'll be able to party, guilt free.  :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!