31 July 2010

mmmm


Oddly, this actually looks like something I wanna try.

Right now.

This morning, Jerry and I went to the Starkville Community Market, where we run into a buncha folks we knew from over the years in different contexts. It was a bit tiring for Jerry, as the surface is not entirely even and there were folks jostling each other. And it was hot.

I spent an absurd amount of money on quick~breads {chocolate friendship, banana nut, zucchini, pumpkin} and other breads {zaatar, pita, cheesy bread sticks}, along with some sun~dried hummus. If I can, I'd rather spend the extra money to support local businesses and farmers and vendors. Most of the time, I can't do that; so I don't feel bad about shopping at a huge box store {like WalMart}. However, if possible, I'd rather see my money staying locally, helping our community's economy.

2 comments:

  1. Yep - I agree about shopping/supporting locals. And as far as this pic - Yummm! Looks good to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No! No! Let us never compromise the bacon in its pure form. No I say!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!