20 July 2005

Wonderful Discovery

Stick with me here, I promise it all comes together.

Ok, most of y'all know I got two TV channels, fuzzy and fuzzier.  And most of the time, they don't even come in that good.  It's all static to me.

But that's ok.  Mostly, cuz I love to read and write and I got this lil baby (the computer, internet, I mean to say).  Also, since I didn't really have TV when I was a kid, I don't really miss it all that much now.

BUT, when I am around a functional unit, I tend to get sssssucked right in.  I become fascinated with the commercials.  I forget to swallow and my eyes become glazed over.  Picture a drooling ijit with the dumb cow enrupted look and that'd be me.

Every now and then though, I hear about a show that sounds really good.  Last year, when I was visiting my folks in Arkansas, I saw an AD for MONK.  I thought, heeeeyyyyy, now that's a show I'd like to see.

Did not.

Ok so a few weeks back my "T" key on my laptop came off.  I swear I did not pry it!!  Gateway sent a new tab, but no instructions and while trying to replace it, I ended up tearing the silicone cone right off.

I am such the klutz.

So I call them, the Gateway folks send me a new keyboard.  K, now I think there is some weird logic there.  Hmmm, can't replace one key, let's send her a whole entire board.

I call on my friend's expertise.  PPpppppppppppuleeeeze help me.  He says, sure.  So I go over earlier, he fixes it, I'm a happy camper.

PLUS, I got to visit with a really cool guy.  AND he lent me the entire first season of MONK.  How cool is THAT?!?

I just watched the first disk which contains the pilot and two other episodes.  It is wonderful stuff.  Sheer delight.

See, and you didn't think this all was gonna get tied together somehow.

Oh ye of little faith.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you got to see Monk. It's one of my favorites too. I just found out they have Northern Exposure out in DVD too. That is an old tv series and rather odd, but I loved it! (Takes place in a town in Alaska)  All the DVD's a commercial free, but I think you can handle it!   Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!