16 July 2005

A common complaint

undergraduate student:
    You mean, I was supposed to buy the textbook?

Instructor
    Yes.  Reading it would have been the next step.

Student
    But since I didn't read the book, can't you let me take a make-up?

Instructor
    No.  That would be grossly unfair to the students who read the syllabus, bought and read the textbook, attended class, and followed the instructions.

Student
    but, this is soooooooooooooo stupid.  I mean this course isn't even all that important to me.

Instructor
    Then neither will the failing grade you've earned seem important.

Student
    stk (this sound is accompanied with a roll of the eyes, a glare, a flip of the hair, a stomp of the foot, and/or a slam of the office door)

**A side note:  I really like it when the student tries to slam a pneumatic door.  Hey, I take my chucks where I can get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!