12 June 2006

Munich, the movie

We watched Munich late last night.  A thought provoking movie, to say the least.  In some ways, it was a very good movie, both in retelling the events and in the cinematography choices.  Some scenes were extremely moving, some were very effective, and yet there were a few features that left me rather confused.

Overall, I'd say that if you like movies with depth, based on true events, and dealing with dilemmas, then Munich is a good choice for you.  If you are bothered by dangling ends that are neatly tied (and obviously) into pretty bows, then this movie will disturb you greatly.  I happen to like movies with depth and am bothered by dangling ends, so I found the movie very good and disturbing.  I'd watch it again, to puzzle more of the pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!