17 August 2010

they're playing our song


I admit, some times, I feel like the older dude. I was just thinking back to when I was a child, my folks had a bright orange VW Bug and dad also had a pickemup truck...with an 8-Track player. Until I was a teen, my folks played their vinyls on a portable stereo in the living room. It wasn't til I was in my early twenties that I knew someone with a CD player, and I thought he was rich!

The other day, I mentioned to someone that I had no idea how the whole MP3 player, iPod, or whatnot worked. I think iTunes are played on iPod, and it's all done electronically and does not involve actual physical inserts anywhere along the line, unless you use your credit/debit card...but even then, you input the numbers rather than slide the plastic thru any device.

So here's the thing, I do listen to audio~books, generally on CD, from the library, while crafting and cleaning. That's about as hi~tech as my audio experiences go. One time, I did check an MP3 disc from the library, cuz my car has mp3 capability~~which I didn't realize at the time, til I went to use the MP3 disc on a plain ol' player in the house. It didn't work and I thought I damaged the disc.

{sigh}

whippersnapper hi~tech getting all jiggee wit it.

2 comments:

  1. If you get an iPod, please write a tutorial and send it to me -- I have no idea what one does with that stuff. I feel ancient just buying CDs like it was 1995 or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm! Birthday or Christmas idea...maybe?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!