27 August 2010

funny as hell


Thing is, we have several issues of Bathroom Readers, all of which are {of course} located in the bathrooms. Earlier this evening, I read a funny lil blurb on page 43 of this one here. It tickled my brain, so I thought I'd share it!

Heaven is hotter than hell.

The internetZ has multiple sites dedicated to this factoid. In fact, there are even entire schools of thought devoted to the debate of this amusing argument. Which is, in itself, funnier than hell.

The basic premises is that Isiah 30:26 discloses that in heaven "the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold as the light of seven days"; which means that we're talking about 977 degrees fahrenheit. While Revelations 21:8 describes hell as a "lake which burneth with fire and brimstone". This means that such a molten lake would be just about 833 degrees fahrenheit. Which means that heaven would indeed be hotter than hell.

All that aside, I am much relieved that the heat has finely broken, at least somewhat. Our temperatures seem much more seasonal! I think we've had at least seven weeks of heat indexes over a hundred on a daily basis this summer. So now, it's a mere ninety degrees. Why, that's downright balmy!

Earlier today, I was zipping around town in my lil dewdrop and I actually had to turn the A/C down from fullblast! I KNOW! It has done wonders for my spirits to be able to draw a breath without feeling my lungs scorch and without the sharp singe of tiny cilia. Ahhhhhhhmm; yes!

2 comments:

  1. Yup. Got a Bathroom Reader myself and have learned so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post and cool blog! Keep it up :D

    If you're interested or bored, check this out: http://thestoriesofwhitegloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!