18 April 2011

whirly~curly~swirl

I am taking a short break from the flower~afghan, so decided to try my hand at crocheting a whirly~curly boa.  This is not following any specific pattern, tho I did review a few, each more different than the next with names like potato~chip scarf, boa, swirly~whirly, etc.  I incorporated some elements and added my own and here is the almost completed project.  The section on the right is finished, the majority of it lies to the left and I am working from right to left, so it is the area yet to finish.

I started with a no~chain foundation, then did two double crochet stitches per chain, turning the work so that both sides of the foundation were included {such that the foundation is the center with the rest of the stitches being round and round}.  On the next round, I did three treble stitches in each double crochet.  That is what I am currently doing to finish it.   So basically, it's the foundation, a round of double crochet, and a round of triple crochet.  That's it!

Click on the picture if you want to see more detail.

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!