25 December 2011

Merry, merry!


 Friday was the day we shared festivities with the three of Jerry's five children and their families; that live in the area.  This shallow dish/platter, with autumn leaves, is one of my favorites received that day.  And I absolutely love this hemp necklace with an amber pendant/disk and the oblong wooden beads.  My husband's eldest son's wife made this for me and I put it on immediately.  It's just perfect.

This lapghan is shaping up quite nicely.  It's pictured in my last entry.  Since then, I've added ten more rounds.  I had thought I'd do an additional twenty, but now, I'm not so sure.  If I do that, it'll be over five foot square.  Currently it's a lil over three foot square.  Still undecided how large I do want it to be.

The center is based on reverse sequence of prime numbers under ten {7, 5, 3, 2, and 1}.  Then I included a white round to create space between that and the next sequence, which is based on the Fibonacci sequence under ten {0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, and 8}.  I'm actually just starting on the round of 8 claret.  Then I will probably do some white and finish up with teal and aqua.  It depends tho what I do from here, as far as actual number of rounds in which colors.

2 comments:

  1. It was a good day. You were (as usual) fabulous! However you proceed with the lapghan - it will be loved by the recipient! You are sooooo talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopped by to say Hey! What a great husband you have. If I don't get back before the NEW Year, Happy New Year.
    Hugs,
    Alma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!