24 June 2019

Why yes, I CAN tell you how to get to Sesame Street!

I love NPR's Tiny Desk Concerts, which cover a wide range of musicians, types of music, and has been around for quite some time.  So I just had to watch the Sesame Street edition that came out today.  It made me smile and brought back a plethora of memories:  sitting on the shag carpeted living room floor of my favorite grandmother {which is why I chose to be called "grandma" by my husband's younger grandchildren}, watching the show along with 4321 Contact, Electric Company, School House Rock, Hatchy Milatchy, Mr. Roger's, and almost any other children's programming on PBS on the large wood~framed floor unit TV that was rather popular thru the sixties and seventies.  Grandma's was one of the only places I could watch TV, but only for an hour or two, when we visited from our own home that was about two or three hours away.  I had to sit a good distance from the TV, and if I did sing or dance along with the characters, I had to do so quietly, so that I would not disturb the adults.  I do know there were several times I got carried away and belted out "sing, SING a SONG" and capered about, jumping, spinning, and attempting to turn cartwheels which ended with me merely tumbling across the floor because I had terrible balance, but I didn't care; the pure joy of Sesame Street's character's inviting ME to join with all the other children was too much to keep stifled into a cross legged seated position.

Without further ado, take it away Count!!


1 comment:

  1. Big Bird, Ernie, and a bowl of Captain Crunch. All you need at 6, to know all is right with the world!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!