21 January 2013

this lil piggy went "wee, wee, wee" all the way home


These braids are lasting, we're working on five weeks now.  I say "we" because my husband helps me maintain them.  Since my hair is somewhat silky, the bands tend to slip off; so then the braid begins to undo and that won't do.  So Jerry checks them off and replaces elastics.  He's getting quite good at rebraiding these tiney things.  I cannot hold my arms in that sorta awkward position to get the ones in the back of my head, so I'm really glad he is is willing to do this for me.

This picture was taken the evening I got home from them being done, just a few days before Christmas.  I won't relate the entire friggen saga of finding someone to do them for me, other than to say that tenacity is becoming my strong suit.  So after my hair was done, I actually did squeal, frequently, with excitement.

I actually weight about fifteen pounds less than what I was here in this picture.  It's not that I didn't fully enjoy the holiday dinners, cuz I truly did.  It's more that I had a shock when I realized I had to take several breaks when just WALKING from the parking lot to the cutter {pinning ceremony} or the stadium {Gator Bowl}.  Then I gave some serious thought to how 270 pounds can wear and tear on my joints, place extra burden on my heart and circulatory system, and contribute to diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.

It's not that I didn't know this stuff before.  It's just that it become more...pressing.  So I gotta actually do something {exercise} and not do something {cut down on my intake of foods} and be more mindful.  I haven't gotten with the exercise component yet.  But I think that I've been cutting down on huge ass portions with multiple helpings.  And I've begun to eat more fresh veggies, less sweet fatty treats that are oh so common at the holidays.

I'm not impatient yet, cuz I know that it took an amazing amount of time to get in this condition, and so it probably will take awhile to get down on it, ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!