09 February 2012

diagonal lapghans

Choco~Mint Diagonal Lapghan for the VA
Red Shawl in process, using Lion's Diagonal Blankie pattern
So I've been messing around with knitting scarves cuz they are the perfect size to try out different stitches, methods, etc.  Recently, I decided to give a larger project a try, so I had made a rectangular wrap and a triangular shawl.  There's a lady I know who knits diagonal blankies for babies; she sends them off for charity.  I thought that the pattern seems basic and that would be a good project to move to from the scarves.  So I decided to make lapghans, a larger version of the blankie that this simple pattern is for.  It can also be adapted for a shawl, instead of decreasing when you get to the maximum width you'd like.

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time and effort to let your thoughts be known!